Our goal is to deliver exceptional, affordable legal services for organisations and individuals.
Please contact us for your complimentary one-hour consultation.
We aim to help employers reduce the risk of disputes by being proactive in making them aware of contentious issues. Where disputes do arise we act quickly and efficiently to achieve realistic solution-driven results. Therefore, whether you require some quick advice or have an ongoing dispute with an employee, we can assist by providing you with timely and expert advice. We can provide a holistic service: advice, assistance and support through processes such as redundancy, TUPE transfers, and restructuring.
Our services to employers include:
- Representation: we can advise and represent you in employment disputes through conciliation and mediation, the Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal, High Court or the Court of Appeal;
- We handle all aspects of litigation from drafting the appropriate Tribunal and Court forms through to investigation, analysis, advice and preparation of cases, mediation and dispute resolution;
- Advisory work on all aspects of employment law;
- Drafting all key employment documents: contracts of employment, consultancy, freelance and agency agreements as well as drafting restrictive covenants and confidentiality clauses;
- Advice on recruitment processes, how to avoid discrimination in the process and when best to use pre employment health questionnaires;
- Drafting compromise agreements and the negotiating of settlement packages;
- Drafting bespoke company handbooks, policies relating to sickness absence, disability, harassment and bullying, use of social media, computer use etc. and procedures and codes of practice;
- Managing grievances, disciplinary action and performance related concerns;
- Managing dismissal's lawfully: conduct, gross misconduct, capability, retirement and redundancy etc.
- Advising on unfair dismissal claims and breach of contract claims from varying the terms of employee contracts, unlawful deductions and notice pay;
- How to lawfully vary the terms and conditions of employees' contracts;
- Managing business transfer and advising on your obligations to inform and consult under TUPE.
- Managing and advising on a redundancy process including your obligation to inform and consult;
- Advice on Discrimination Law: how to avoid claims for unlawful discrimination related to a protected characteristic, race, sex, religion or belief, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, or age discrimination and if required handle from start to finish the litigation process;
- Disability: managing short and long term sickness absence, what the implications are for the business and your obligations to make reasonable adjustments;
- Advising on the procedure and any claims arising from whistleblowing;
- How to deal and avoid claims of bullying, third party harassment and victimisation;
- We advise on family friendly policies, what the employees statutory rights are in respect of maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave rights;
- Guidance and advice in respect to part-time working, study leave and flexible working;
- Advice on statutory entitlements to annual leave and pay;
- Compliance with the Working Time Regulations and the National Minimum Wage;
- Health and Safety obligations;
- We can provide employment law training sessions and seminars tailor-made to meet your business requirements;
- A regular employment newsletter "essentialHR" on key and important cases and forthcoming changes to legislation.
We offer individual clients strong support, coupled with cutting-edge expertise in employment rights and discrimination law, aiming to find the best resolution for individuals as swiftly as possible. Early consultation can sometime be the key to resolving a dispute; we guide our clients carefully through their options, providing advice and a clear strategy of how litigation of their matter would be run and sound advice on settlement options.
We have expertise in Employment Tribunals, the Employment Appeal Tribunal, High Court and the Court of Appeal. We have a substantial amount of experience in dealing with high value and complex cases (see OTG Ltd v Barke; Key2Law LLP -v- Ms G De'Antiquis Wood CA A2/2011/0614).
We offer advice and support on a wide variety of employment rights for the individual from contract negotiations, exit packages, dispute resolutions, mediation and conciliation. We can help with any potential action against your employer from assisting with grievances, disciplinary proceedings and any subsequent hearings; dismissals for capability, performance, long term absence, gross misconduct, by reason of redundancy or retirement, or you feel you were constructively dismissed; if you have a claim for unpaid wages, a breach of contract for non payment of a bonus or you may have experienced less favourable treatment because you work part-time or if you have recently returned from adoption, maternity or paternity leave, if so we can help; you may have been harassed at work by a third party, victimised in the workplace or faced discrimination because of your race, sex, religion or belief, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Our team provides specialist advice and support to executives, Directors and all professionals.