This is a great opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and well organised person to join a lively team working with a wide range of businesses to deliver quality real estate services.
- Client care, Anti-Money Laundering and correspondence, file opening activities
- E-mail management
- Fielding and screening telephone calls, dealing with/directing new enquiries where appropriate.
- Diary management, arranging meetings, booking conference rooms/calls where appropriate
- Assisting with billing and invoicing
- Uploading/downloading client documentation to online portals where appropriate as well as putting together hard copy bundles of documents for distribution to clients and other parties
- Closing and archiving of client files upon completion of matters, including preparing deeds for storage/liaising with fee-earners and where appropriate clients and other parties to arrange for the return of original documents
- photocopying, scanning, printing, filing, sending out of letters, faxes etc
- Keeping databases up to date
- Monitor post and/or e-mails and dealing with as appropriate and ensure that all client related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate fee earner if the relevant person is out of the office including scanning and uploading the physical correspondence to the related file
- Enter, maintain and update client details and relevant information on the firm’s case management system
- Audio typing, including emails, correspondence and documents
- Request cheques, bank transfers and paying in money received
- Assisting with property and land searches, post completion requirements including, but not limited to the registration of transactions at the Land Registry, Companies House and the payment of SDLT.
- Legal Research where appropriate
You will also provide support to the Fee Earners and your immediate colleagues (secretaries and other support staff) in the team duties to include assisting others whenever it is evident that a colleague needs assistance with their work load, picking up calls when other team members are away from their desk, participating in cover rota i.e reception and for postal duties.
You will also be working closely with the Secretary to the Managing Partner and Head of Property assisting with her workload and covering certain duties in her absence.
Personal attributes we would like:
- Someone that has excellent attention to detail
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Must be able to work within a team and have a positive, solutions based approach to their day to day tasks.
- Someone who is enthusiastic, willing and is able to use their initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft office (word, excel etc.)
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Able to multi-task
What is it like working at PDT Solicitors?
Our staff are our greatest asset. You will be engaged in a supportive, collaborative and inclusive culture, where we are committed to looking after each other and supporting each other in the work we do. Our family atmosphere and close support network will allow you to be bold and brave in your work, develop your skills and thrive in your role.
We will keep you engaged with regular staff activities and events, and will attend a monthly company meeting where you can share your successes with your colleagues.
We are based in Horsham, West Sussex. Our newly refurbished, modern offices are within walking distance of Horsham train station that has great connections into London and the south coast. Horsham is a beautiful town, with many shops and café’s, as well as a large park.
If you are looking to progress your career at one of Sussex’s leading Law firms, send your CV and cover letter to Julie Newton.