A Senior Associate in our Corporate team, Claire is highly organised and able to present long technical matters in a concise, straightforward and client-friendly way.
Claire has over 12 years of experience in commercial litigation, preceded by 5 years working in the City, which has given Claire a unique perspective to understand how a drafting point might impact on the way a claim could be defended in the future.
Outside of work Claire can often be found outside in beautiful scenery, hiking with her family, friends and her dog. Claire is a keen runner: regularly volunteering at her local Park Run and at her running club’s events, she regularly run races for charity. Claire speaks French and has a diploma in French law.
Claire grew up in a little market town in one of the Yorkshire Dales and is very proud of her Yorkshire heritage. She returns there regularly to see family and get her Yorkshire fix!
Key Work Highlights
- Developing a complete new suite of finance documents and security documents for use by a new ABL
- Updating finance documents for many ABLs to reflect the recent GDPR changes
- Supporting a web services company through an arbitration involving a shareholders’ dispute
- Advising Administrators on making an application to court for directions and remuneration to be paid in the face of a challenge by creditors
- Advising insolvency practitioners on the sale of the business and assets of an insolvent waste recycling company including advising on environmental issues and follow up action with regard to environmental breaches