A Senior Associate in our Corporate team since 2013, Claire is currently on secondment to Boost&Co, a venture capital and growth lending specialist, providing in-house legal support in respect of their facilities under the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme. This is giving her a unique understanding of the operational and legal issues for lenders in these challenging times.
Claire specialises in finance documentation including term loans and receivables financing and all associated securities, and in the restructuring and insolvency issues arising for such clients. Claire regularly acts for insolvency practitioners in their appointment as administrators and has developed a particular expertise in seeking court approval of office-holders’ remuneration. Claire is highly organised and takes pride in presenting technical matters in a concise and client-friendly way.
Prior to joining the Corporate team, Claire spent 12 years in our Dispute Resolution team, preceded by 5 years working in the City, which has given her a wide understanding of how a drafting point might impact on the way a claim could be brought or defended in the future.
Outside of work Claire can often be found outside in beautiful scenery, hiking with her family, friends and her dog. Claire is a keen runner: regularly volunteering at her local Park Run and at her running club’s events, she regularly run races for charity. Claire speaks French and has a diploma in French law.
Claire grew up in a little market town in one of the Yorkshire Dales and is very proud of her Yorkshire heritage. She returns there regularly to see family and get her Yorkshire fix!
Key Work Highlights
- Developing a complete new suite of finance documents and security documents for use by a new ABL
- Updating finance documents for many ABLs to reflect the recent GDPR changes
- Supporting a web services company through an arbitration involving a shareholders’ dispute
- Advising Administrators on making an application to court for directions and remuneration to be paid in the face of a challenge by creditors
- Advising insolvency practitioners on the sale of the business and assets of an insolvent waste recycling company including advising on environmental issues and follow up action with regard to environmental breaches