Partner in our Real Estate department, Craig advises on all aspects of commercial property matters including freehold acquisitions and disposals, investment portfolio work and acting for both landlords and tenants on commercial leasehold work across all sectors. Having joined the firm as a trainee in 2006, Craig has overseen the development and expansion of, and now heads up, the commercial landlord and tenant team.
A trusted advisor with a portfolio of repeat clients, Craig has a relaxed and transparent working style, with clients benefitting from being involving through every stage of the process with guidance both on legal and commercial considerations. By involving the clients throughout, Craig is able to gain a better understanding of the clients business and their specific needs and concerns to ensure the clients commercial objectives are achieved. This, in turn, helps to ensure that he can build lasting relationships with clients with a view to working collaboratively as their business operations expand and develop.
Craig also regularly advises Administrators and Liquidators on property related insolvency matters.
Outside of work Craig is a keen sportsman and, although limited in time with three young children, enjoys playing golf, football and squash
Key Work Highlights
- Acting for client on portfolio acquisition of residential flats across Brighton & Hove
- Acquisition of business premises advising on impact with Sharia law
- Acting for a partnership on the sale of a portfolio of properties
- Acting on the sale of a large, high value industrial unit for a company in administration
- Acquisition of leasehold HQ office and development premises for multi-national US backed food production and distribution company;
- Sale of entire issued share capital in Sussex based care home and care in the community company
- Acquisition of strategic development site for new HQ premises for Higgidy Limited
- Acquisition of two optician practices as platform for overseas client entering into the UK market