As Managing Partner at PDT, Head of the Real Estate department and music enthusiast (you will be hard pushed to name some music he has not listened to), James’s curiosity and fascination with what is important to people has shaped his determination to build a positive working environment at PDT that supports, encourages and inspires all he works with.
James has acted for and acts for numerous regional and national house builders and housing associations and has grown PDT into a leading provider of services to the pharmacy sector.
When he’s not acting on property acquisitions and disposals, planning and infrastructure agreements and heading up the healthcare team he will be found playing for his local football club, hanging out at record shops or simply swimming off the beautiful Brighton coastline.
His passion for helping businesses succeed and grow, and his experience in the industry means James is specifically attuned to the unique challenges regional and national house builders, housing associations, retail pharmacies and other healthcare businesses face.
Key Work Highlights
- Advising a leading housing association for over 20 years on management of its portfolio of in excess of 2250 units
- Advising Horsham Football Club on the relocation and development of its football facility
- Advising Sunley Estates on a housing development in Burgess Hill from land acquisition to planning agreement to development and ultimate disposal
- Advising on over 40 pharmacy disposals and acquisitions in 2018
- Advising a housing association on stock transfer of over 150 units
- Advising a restaurant operator on prestigious London restaurant development in Tower Bridge.
- Advising a group of landowners on promotion and disposal agreement for over 1000 units
Pharmacy and healthcare
"PDT's Real Estate team are excellent in all respects, James is easy to work with and provides vital advice and support"
The Legal 500, 2019