Laura is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and acts for employers and individuals across a wide range of employment matters from drafting employment contracts and advising on settlement agreements to considering sensitive disciplinary and performance matters and acting in Employment Tribunal claims. She joined our Employment Team in February 2018, having started her career as a litigator.
Laura is a natural communicator and was driven to employment law by her love of people and the varied, interesting work it provides. A meticulous organiser and planner, with a great eye for detail, Laura works to ensure her clients understand their options and proceed in a way that’s right for them.
Laura acts for claimants and respondents in employment litigation and her dispute resolution experience includes early conciliation and judicial mediation. Laura provides employment support on corporate matters and advises on non-contentious matters for the entire employment life cycle (including post-employment), such as: employment and service contracts; staff handbooks and policies; all types of leave and pay; disability and discrimination; grievances, disciplinaries and performance; restructures, redundancies and TUPE; and termination of employment.
Laura is responsible for the Department’s Twitter feed and is involved with its regular legal updates and breakfast seminars.
Laura is a keen horse rider, owning a beautiful Welsh Cob called Duke. She is also an ex-competitive fencer, once fencing the men’s epee commonwealth champion. She did not win!
Key Work Highlights
- Acted for clients entering into settlement agreements with terms in excess of £150,000.
- Negotiated and implemented the exit of an individual who was an employee, statutory director and shareholder from our client’s business.
- Assisted in a complex discrimination, unfair dismissal and personal injury claim, obtaining a successful settlement for our client without the need to go to a final hearing.
- Provided employment support on a corporate transaction worth £40m
- Successfully defended an unlawful deduction from wages claim which reached final hearing.
- Advised throughout a pharmacy client’s redundancy process involving change of location and workplace closure.