Founding Partner and co-head of Dispute Resolution, Nigel has had many years of experience in difficult, complex cases, giving him a very good feel for the strong parts of a case and the aspects that in reality will fall away at trial. This means Nigel ensures a client stands its ground when it is right and is told when to settle/negotiate if the client cannot win.
Having handled many High Court Injunctions in commercial disputes, obtained many freezing injunctions and dealt with an Anton Pillar injunction, Nigel is a confident and formidable force in helping someone get paid or get a judgement they are entitled to.
If you are in the right Nigel will do everything he can make sure you get the award you deserve. Nigel is solid and unmovable and not unsettled by tactics in a case, no task or obstacle put in the way will deflect him from getting his clients the best possible outcome for them.
Nigel is a CEDR accredited mediator and member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association.
Nigel is a specialist in factoring and discounting, co-editing the recognised text on the subject, Salinger on Factoring. Nigel also has considerable experience and expertise in partnership disputes, corporate shareholder disputes, landlord & tenant disputes and commercial contract advice and disputes.
Outside of work Nigel is a keen golfer, tennis player and sailor. Spending much of his spare time on his Oyster 49 Volunteer currently moored in Spain and moving gradually towards the Greek Islands.
Key Work Highlights
- Represented a major food manufacturer against a raw material supplier for delivery of contaminated product. Settled UK litigation and related claim in France
- Represented major UK charity in a Judicial review. Case settled
- Represented a national Invoice Discounter to obtain a large summary judgment
- Month long trial of a commercial factoring dispute in High Court with QCs on each side
- Case : Meridian Finance Partners Limited v Miles 2014
- Subject : Deceit
- Summary : Untruthful statement about ownership of asset was deceit
- Case : Dashfield & Shepherd V Davidson & Ruddy 2008 BCC 662 "009 1 BCLC 220
- Subject: Joint Venture company articles of association ;fiduciary duties ;
- Case : Vaughan v Von Essen Hotels 5 Limited 2007 EWCA Civ 1349
- Subject: Service provision in a share sale agreement
- Case : Yorkshire bank Plc & Clydesdale Bank PLC v RDM Asset Finance Ltd 2004 Leeds Mercantile Court Judge Langan QC
- Subject : Costs awarded on failure to mediate