Noel is a Partner and Head of our Corporate and Commercial Services teams. In addition to his corporate practice, Noel is widely recognised as an expert in receivables finance and co-edits the authoritative text on the subject, Salinger on Factoring.
Noel’s approach is friendly and collaborative. He sees his job as delivering what the client wants as successfully, quickly and as efficiently as possible.
Noel takes great pride in the quality of the work undertaken at PDT. Above all else, he wants clients to enjoy the experience of working with PDT and value the contribution we make to their businesses.
Noel is a keen golfer and, in his spare time, can be found either on the golf course or, as he’s not the type to shy away from the limelight, on stage, being an active member of a local amateur dramatics group. He has two teenage children, an understanding wife and a poodle called Daisy.
Key Work Highlights
- Buy-out of Autologic to Isis Equity Partners (now Livingbridge)
- Sale of Amicus Commercial Finance to Investec Bank plc
- Sale of Atlantic Foods to Flagship Food Group
- Sale of Flagship Europe Limited to OSI Group
- Investment by BGF in Anstey Horne Limited
Chambers UK: Top UK Legal Professional 2021
Noel is ranked as a Top UK Legal Professional in the prestigious Chambers UK listings for his Corporate / M&A practice:
- "Noel Ruddy operates a broad practice including strength in corporate finance transactions and a detailed understanding of receivables finance. He heads the firm's corporate and commercial services teams. He is responsive and knowledgeable."
The Legal 500: Leading Individual 2020 & 2021
Noel has been singled out by The Legal 500 2021 as a leading Individual in both his Asset Based Lending and Corporate M&A practice due to the quality of his work and expertise within the corporate M&A, banking and finance and asset based lending sectors:
- ‘A hugely experienced team of top flight lawyers led by Noel Ruddy, who brings valuable commercial sense alongside a level of experience and legal ability that’s hard to beat. Noel and the team are brilliant communicators, swift to respond, proactive, and make sure their advice and assistance is always relevant. For SME businesses like mine this is very hard to find short of having your own GC.’
- "Noel Ruddy has unrivalled knowledge and expertise in the receivables industry. He is widely respected and extremely well connected across the sector. Always available personally to deal with our client-related matters in a helpful and expeditious manner."
- "Noel Ruddy is a wise and experienced head who brings real commercial insight.".
Asset based lending
Banking and insolvency
"Noel brings valuable commercial sense alongside a level of experience and legal ability that’s hard to beat"
The Legal 500, Leading Individual for Asset Based Lending and Corporate 2021 & 2020